Wednesday 29 May 2013

I'm finally HIRED...as an Intern!

(Haha I'm so in love this pic!)


It's my 8th day at work and I had a lot of fun today. Although most of the time I spent on doing content population, which is basically building the database for our company's website and boring in its true sense, it feels not so bad after all doing boring stuffs together with my crazy/hyper/hilarious colleagues. Forgive me if I am being too obscure about the name of the company that I am working for, for the sake of keeping it confidential. Nevertheless, I don't mind telling you about my job as well as what my company does, because it is totally awesome.

We are working on an online platform for collectors where they can easily catalog and showcase their collections as well as explore what other people with the same interests are collecting. We hope our website will become a one-stop platform for collectors worldwide, where they can always turn to to express their burning passion (for toys, shoes, comics,... or just simply anything, the list goes on). 

(If you are very curious about this, this picture can give you some subtle hint about my company. Feel free to check it out! hahaa)




Enough said about the company, now it's about me. I work as a Marketing/Content Strategist Intern and my job is quite flexible and interesting. I get to know a lot about brand marketing, social media marketing as well as how to understand user behaviors. On top of that, I am assigned hands-on writing and designing tasks which I believe will help me improve my skills significantly. I also get to learn how to use Google Analytics to track our user behaviors, create a Facebook ad and use other tools to manage our fan base on various social networking sites. I also become more well-verse in using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google +, Tumblr, Reddit and so on. Because of this, I started to look out for relevant content such as articles or blog posts written by well-known experts in social media marketing and I was truly inspired by them. I guess this is one of the field that I am passionate about and might want to be in as a professional when I graduate. Yet, now is still too early to confirm anything. I shall let time do the job, for we never know what lies ahead of us in the future. 

Let it be, they say.
Let me be, I say.


Still, I guess one of the best knowledge to bring along as I get out from any internship is that whether or not this is the job for me. Figuring out what I want to be or what I want to do in the future is still certainly the most valuable takeaway. 

#Life #Intern #Be Me #29/5/2013

  

No comments:

Post a Comment